UPSC NDA NA Exam Notification 2020 – UPSC announced Job notification to hire candidates who completed 12TH for the position of NDA NA Examination 2020. Official notification for the job opening is also provided below. To Apply for the job posting from UPSC, please click on the Apply Now button below.
|Post Name||NDA NA Examination 2020|
|No of Posts||418 Posts|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last Date to Apply||28/01/2020|
|Similar Jobs||Across India|
1. Educational Qualifications: (i) For Army Wing of National Defence Academy :—12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
(ii) For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy :—12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
(iii) Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
2. The Examination will be held at the following Centres : Agartala, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Prayagraj (Allahabad), Bengaluru, Bareilly, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Dharwad, Dispur, Gangtok, Hyderabad, Imphal, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Jorhat, Kochi, Kohima, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji (Goa), Patna, Port Blair, Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Udaipur and Vishakhapatnam.
3. The approximate number of vacancies to be filled on the results of this examination will be as under:
i. National Defence Academy: 370 to include 208 for Army, 42 for Navy and 120 for Air Force (including 28 for ground Duties)
ii. Naval Academy (10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme): 48.
iii. Total: 418.
Age: 17 – 40 Yrs, Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd July, 2001 and not later than 1st July, 2004 are eligible.
Application Fee: Candidates (excepting SC/ST candidates/Sons of JCOs/NCOs/ORs specified in Note 2 below who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/MasterCard/Rupay Credit/Debit Card.
1. In this section the assessment of candidates for commissioning through NDA into flying and ground duty branches in the IAF is considered.
2. The basic requirements of medical fitness are essentially the same for all branches, except for aircrew in whom the parameters for visual acuity, anthropometry and certain other physical standards are more stringent. A candidate will not be assessed physically fit unless the examination as a whole shows that he is physically and mentally capable of withstanding severe physical and mental strain for prolonged periods in any climate in any part of the world.
3. Minimum height for Flying Branch will be 162.5 cm. Acceptable measurements of leg length, thigh length and sitting height for such aircrew will be as under: – (i) Sitting height: Minimum- 81.5 cm Maximum- 96.0 cm (ii) Leg Length: Minimum- 99.0 cm Maximum- 120.0 cm (iii) Thigh Length: Maximum- 64.0 cm
1. The Union Public Service Commission shall prepare a list of candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination as fixed by the Commission at their discretion. Such candidates shall appear before a Services Selection Board for Intelligence and Personality Test where candidates for the Army/Navy wings of the NDA and 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme of Indian Naval Academy will be assessed on Officers Potentiality and those for the Air Force in addition to the above will have to qualify Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS). Candidates with Air Force as one of the choice would also undergo CPSS if they qualify SSB and are willing.
2. Two-stage selection procedure based on Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test has been introduced at Selection Centres/Air Force Selection Boards/Naval Selection Boards.
How to Apply
1. Candidates are required to apply online by using the website upsconline.nic.in Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form have been given in the Appendix-II (A) Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website.
2. The Commission has introduced the facility of withdrawal of Application for those candidates who do not want to appear for the Examination. In this regard, Instructions are mentioned in Appendix-II (B) of this Examination Notice.
3. Candidate should also have details of one photo ID viz. Aadhar Card/ Voter Card/ PAN Card/ Passport/ Driving License/ School Photo ID/Any other photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government. The details of this photo ID will have to be provided by the candidate while filling up the online application form. The same photo ID card will also have to be uploaded with the Online Application Form. This photo ID will be used for all future referencing and the candidate is advised to carry this ID while appearing for examination/SSB.
4. (i) The Online Applications can be filled upto 28th January, 2020 till 6:00 PM. (ii) The online Applications can be withdrawn from 04.02.2020 to 11.02.2020 till 6:00 PM. Detailed instructions regarding withdrawal of Applications is available at the Appendix.
5. The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admit Card three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admit Card will be made available on the UPSC website (upsconline.nic.in) for being downloaded by candidates. No Admit Card will be sent by post. All the applicants are required to provide valid & active e-mail id while filling up online application form as the Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them.
6. Examination will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission on 19th April, 2020 for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA for the 145th Course, and for the 107th Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC) commencing from 2nd January, 2021.
EXAMINATION NOTICE NO.04/2020-NDA-I